Who is main user, who is fellow user?
Main user (resp. user) of a COMOTIX® detector is always the user who adds the detector to his device list by entering the 6-digit device ID. The main user pays daily € 0.12 per detector for the data flat rate on the SIM card. These costs are deducted from the central balance in the user account of the main user.
A main user can invite any number of fellow users and "share" a device with them. A shared detector - marked by the "heads" symbol - then also appears in the device list of the fellow user(s). Being a co-user with one or more detectors is generally always free of for fellow users – except a fellow user chooses to be notified by SMS. Each SMS costs 9 cents - these costs are deducted from the credit of the fellow user.
Of course each fellow user can use the cost-free notification options
- COMOTIX® app (push messages),
- Telegram app (push messages) and
How to invite a fellow user
- To invite a fellow user, open the fellow user administration ("heads" symbol in the menu bar of your online administration). Click on "New Entry" and enter the first name, surename and mobile phone number of the fellow user. Then click on "Invite fellow users".
- If your fellow user has not yet used the COMOTIX® online administration, he will immediately receive an SMS with an access code / invitation link and can thus log on to https://comotix.online. A fellow user automatically gets his own user account with his own credit.
- If your fellow user already has his own user account (eg because he/she already operates his/her own COMOTIX® detector, or is already a fellow user elsewhere), your invitation appears in his "Tasks" view and also in his status reports and he/she can accept the invitation in his/her existing account.
- After the invitation has been accepted, he/she will appear in the list "Share device with fellow users" and you can assign your device(s) by clicking on the fields.
In his/her user account, a fellow user only sees a single list of detectors, consisting of his " fellow user detectors" (marked by "head" icon) and, if applicable, his/her own detectors.
Each fellow user can set their preferred notification types and control times in his/her user account exactly as he/she wants. This relieves the main user of administrative tasks and creates an overview and acceptance among other users.
Who pays what?
If the fellow user chooses free notifications via the COMOTIX® app, e-mail and instant messages (Telegram app), the entire operation is free of charge for him/her. The main user pays the daily flat rate for the SIM card.
Only SMS cause costs. Each fellow user pays the notification via SMS for him/herself (9 cents / SMS). Therefore, we recommend that each fellow user, after the first login, selects the preferred type of notification in the menu item "Settings" and if necessary, disables SMS. Each fellow user gets – as a gift when he/she is invited to use COMOTIX® online administration as a fellow user - € 1 starting credit so that he/she can get started immediately - also via SMS.
Of course, a fellow user can also add his/her own COMOTIX® detectors to his/her account. For these devices, he/she then is the "main user" and pays for the data flat with the credit from his/her own account.